Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Need it Bad

Two days of Hell down and now it's just about time for vacation. I know I say this every time I go away, but my God do I need this break. I can count on one hand the number of nights I slept in my own bed over the past 4 weeks. My hair is so confused by all the different waters that it's rebelling and turning to straw. As if bad hair isn't enough, now my stress level has been cranked up causing my pinched nerve right before vacation.

Being in NJ for two days was not high on my list of things I wanted to do. It started with a long night of blowing up and tying 200 balloons when I should have been sound asleep in my room. My fingers hurt like crazy and smelled like latex the entire next day. The event was a long and hard one of standing around in heels all day. At least my next camera decision is going to be an easy one. Well, maybe not which brand to buy, but certainly to jump to a DSLR for video. Juggling two cameras and a wireless mic system around all day was not fun at all.

Highlight of the trip was playing with the Aflac ducks next to our booth.


And talking to Jim Quinn of OCC and seeing all the bikes they have built since I saw him last. I just couldn't wait to get out of the city and get home. But that didn't go as planned. Talk about hell. Let's just summarize (due to the lack of time for me to tell the entire story) with this one quote from Karlo that pretty much says it all . . . "I should have not played chicken with a truck." So in a nutshell we got hit by a tractor trailer and spent nearly 2 hours sitting on the GW bridge. Yeah THAT was fun. Not.

So we're back and just about to take off for vacation, to Maine, where there's no internet connection. How will I survive? Oh yeah, with my awesome Droid :-) Back back all too soon.

1 comment:

tina said...

enjoy Maine and the beautiful weather that is coming.