Sunday, October 3, 2010

We Didn't Really Have Time For This


I tortured myself with the decision on whether or not to take off for the weekend. We had so much to do, on this, our only full weekend home in quite some time. I had a long list of house and yard chores, not to mention we were planning to do a metric century (65 mile) bike ride today. As always I try to cram too much stuff into any given day. So when a coworker asked us if we wanted to drop everything and go with him and his wife to a resort up in the Berkshires I was just frozen with indecision. Could we put our chores on hold? Would I be disappointed for not doing that bike ride? Should we just say "Screw it, we need a break?"


Well, we picked option #3 and took off Saturday morning. I'm so glad we did. We had a wonderful weekend of outlet shopping, wine tasting, donut eating, apple picking, hot tubbing, hiking, and leaf peeping. It really was a wonderful idea to vacation with another couple. It is the ONLY thing in this world that slows Karlo and I down. Instead of him being impatient with me at the outlet stores, he was happy to sit on a bench and chat with our friend for hours. Instead of race hiking up the mountain to try to cover as many miles as possible, we took our time and just enjoyed it.


The whole two days was just relaxing and fun. Despite us getting a taste of how nice it is to do that, I don't have high hopes that we can actually achieve this on our own. Our triathlon-per-day vacation is coming up. We'll see how much relaxing we do . . .

Caught red-handed eating a hot apple.

And speaking of vacation, we are leaving on Wednesday and, of course, we have one more business trip squeezed in between. Good heavens. I need to scoot and finish laundry so I can finish packing for two trips, again! To see more pics from this weekend, please click here.

2 comments:

tina said...

we had a great weekend too and i hope you both enjoy your travels.

lgaumond said...

It looks like a beautiful weekend. I'm so glad you chose to go. I'm always a fan of saying "screw it" and going out to have fun. Keep it up!