Thursday, October 21, 2010

To Call the Doctor or Not to Call the Doctor

I really should practice what I preach. I do such a good job at taking care of Karlo, insisting we do the right thing and see a doctor when I deem it necessary. Maybe I just had my fill lately with our little unscheduled trip to the hospital last week (a little kidney stone issue that I THANK GOD didn’t happen in the woods of Maine!) followed by the follow up visit to Karlo’s normal doctor. I guess I just had enough of doctors. But I’m sitting here struggling with my decision. I’m 99% sure I have another sinus infection and I wonder what the heck is wrong with me that I can’t ever just get a normal cold anymore. It’s always the same scenario with the same symptoms and I always wait a week to see if it will get better on its own, which it, of course, never does.

Uuuugh, it’s so frustrating. I feel like crap and I know the antibiotics will just cost me a couple hours of my time. Yup, that is the problem. Like I want to give up a couple hours of my time! Dammit Paula, call the doctor!

4 comments:

Penni said...

Damn it Paula, CALL THE DOCTOR

Unknown said...

Wow, Penni, your comment worked. I read it and instantly picked up the phone to call the doctor . . . and OF COURSE I call during their lunch break. Uuuugh. Hopefully I'll be as motivated in 30 minutes!

Penni said...

They should be back from lunch now CALL THE DOCTOR!



Did I motivate you again?

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm going tomorrow morning. And I'm so glad that I am. I'm miserable. Thanks for the kick in the pants.