Thursday, May 19, 2011

Adventures in Asia

Since I can't come up with a darn thing to talk about today, I figured it's time for another 'Way Back Wednesday.' Here are a few shots from a trip I took to Asia a few years back. This was my second journey to the far away land so I was feeling like a seasoned pro by now. Here I am sitting comfortably (not) at dinner in Tokyo. My hips were killing me! I just don't understand why these folks would choose to sit on the floor when there is readily available furniture everywhere. But I have to admit, it was sort of fun to experience it in the short term. If I could get used to eating whatever it was I was eating, I guess the hip pain wasn't really all that bad.


Here I am at a very famous floating restaurant in Hong Kong. Of course, at the moment, the name of the place escapes me. All I remember is how sick I got on the food and how we had to take a boat to get to and from the place. Yeah, not good. But at least I came home with very good memories of the place, and cool chopsticks too.

One of my all-time favorite parts of the visit to Hong Kong was the views from Victoria Peak at night. You have to take some sort of little tram thing to get up there and once you're there, the views are amazing.


I have to say, I enjoyed the nighttime scenery much more than the daytime scenery. It was just so overwhelming. Talk about sensory overload in every way shape and form . . . the sights, the sounds, the smells . . . all so abundant and all so unique. Wow, unlike anything I ever experienced before.

No comments: