Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 36 in Photos

I guess I went MIA for a while. Karlo and I just came back from a little vacation get-away that I completely forgot to mention. I think I forgot to mention it because my life was crazy busy the three days leading up to vacation. Work required long nights on Wednesday and Thursday, getting us home at 10PM and then we had a party to go to on Friday night. We didn't get a chance to pack our bags until the morning we were taking off and it's been a whirlwind. It will take me days to catch up and the fact that I'm going away again tomorrow certainly isn't going to help. So here's a recap of the past week and the travel stories will come shortly . . .

#247
Karlo is preparing for next winter and dropped a dozen trees for future free firewood.
  
#248
Most of these photos deserve a blog posting of there own, but in the interest of time I'll just use expanded captions. . . on this day I found this adorable little glass chicken in my mailbox. What a surprise THAT was. My friend Lisa not only saw it and thought of me, but she bought it and mailed it to me to boot. Unreal. By far the biggest bright spot of my day. Her name is Ginger and I want to take her everywhere I go. Chickens always bring a smile to my face :-) THANK YOU LISA!!!!

#249
  
One of the reasons we got home late this night. Karlo and I entertained some out of town colleagues. We went out for a very long dinner at the Wood N Tap and it was lots of fun. 

#250
  
The second reason we got home late . . . we had another Open House event at work and here's Karlo sitting on one of the OCC bikes. This is a dragon bike and believe me, it's very dangerous. I nearly sliced my leg getting off of it. I guess that's why there were red ropes around it to keep you away from it. Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't be showing this picture to the world!

#251
  
Sorry for the horrific photo. My phone camera is not so great indoors. This is Tina and her husband Michael at the dinner party we attended on Friday. It's been about a dozen years overdue for a night out together and I really enjoyed it.

#252
  
Now were are in North Conway, NH and our first vacation event was riding the train. It was a hoot.

#253
  
Today was September 11th and I wanted my photo of the day to reflect the memory.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

You're welcome! I'm glad that Ginger brought a smile to your face.

tina said...

it was great seeing you, karlo and the rest of your family.

Karlo said...

It was great seeing you and Michael also!