Monday, September 15, 2008

Back From the Soggy City

Forget the Windy City, I think Soggy City is more fitting. We had a bit of drama getting home and I’m so grateful that we made it. You may have seen on the news that Chicago was flooding this past weekend. They got pounded with rain and the roads to O’Hare were flooding most of the weekend. It was a small miracle that we made it to the airport, never mind that our flight actually took off. Phew!

We had a great week. Not only did we enjoy our nights, but the actual show went very well. Karlo’s book was a big hit and I can’t even describe the thrill of seeing the reactions to it. The publisher sold out all the books they brought to the show in the first three days. I’m not too happy that they brought so few books, but then again, perhaps the supply being smaller than the demand was a good thing.

We toyed with the idea of staying an extra day and celebrating our anniversary in Chicago. Thank goodness we didn’t. It rained all day and the stress of trying to get home was not what I wanted on our special day. Instead we woke up in our own bed and enoyed the day here in CT. First thing in the morning, we ran to get our dogs from the Gaumond kennel. We got a bonus visit with Luke & Lisa and I can't thank them enough for watching the hounds for us. Then we spent the rest of the day celebrating our 6 year anniversary.

The weather wasn’t so great, but it sure beat the downpours in Chicago. We toke a beautiful motorcycle ride down to North Stonington and went wine tasting at Jonathon Edwards vineyard. We packed a gourmet picnic and really had a great time. We sat leisurely and sipped our 6 little glasses of wine. Needless to say, I was semi-drunk. The picture that Karlo didn’t get was me with my head in my hands trying to ease the headache and wondering how I was going to make it back on the bike without falling off. I was so exhausted from our trip, but this was just what I needed — a day to relax. The best part was that we enjoyed each other's company after 10 days of traveling together.

You can view my pictures from yesterday here.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

So pretty, I love the mist. I'm glad you had a nice anniversary!