Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bonfire Fun




When we got home from work on Tuesday Karlo suggested that we make a bonfire that evening. He had yard work to do and I had computer work to do so off he went to the backyard, and off I went to the office. After about an hour I decided it was time to change into my best grubby clothes in preparation for the bonfire. I put on my nylon track pants and my coziest Mastercam sweatshirt. I even uncovered the marshmallows from the pantry. I went back to the office and waited for Karlo to call me outside. I waited and waited, and worked and worked. Finally it got to be nearly 8 PM and Karlo came inside and took a shower. I stood in front of the shower door, with my head hanging and whimpered that I was all dressed and ready for the bonfire that never happened.

"Never happened?" Karlo said. "Turn around."

Sure enough, out the window I could see the blazes of the fire still flickering in the backyard. He made the bonfire and never even called me outside. Gee, that was NICE!

So last night he made up for it and we built another fire. We have so much brush to get rid of from our landscaping project, we can do this every night for a couple of weeks. This time the whole family came out - hounds included - and we cooked up some marshmallows and had a ball.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love that third picture! Too bad there is so much "noise". Did your camera automatically go into a very high ISO?

Still a very cool shot! "Firs" could be an object, right?