Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Want One (of each)

I'm still trying to decide which creature I want more.



On Saturday we went to the Woodstock fair where I fell in love with the Alpacas. Those huge eyes just kill me and they stare so intently at you. I sure would love to know what they are thinking. After spending an hour that morning dusting the house and consequently feeling miserable from my sinus allergies issues, the thought of having OUTDOOR pets seems more and more appealing.


But then we went to my family picnic on Saturday where I met Bella. She's an Italian Mastiff and 1) I never knew there was such a thing, 2) I would be thrilled to have an "Italian" anything, and 3) Now THIS is a dog that Karlo can wrestle with. Puppies have a way of instantly stealing my heart, but I have to remember that I'm still allergic and Bella will weigh more than me in only a few months. Bad idea.

Luckily I didn't fall in love with anything yesterday. We spent the day outdoors enjoying the perfect weather. First it was a nice bike ride through Eastford and Woodstock. Then it was a terrific kayak ride at Mansfield Hollow. The wind was good and strong and we got a great work out, followed by a few effortless sails. Yeah, we looked pretty crazy with an umbrella as a sail, but all the other kayakers sure were jealous at our impressive ingenuity.

While in Mansfield we had to make a last minute dash to the mall so I could buy a bigger suitcase. I realized that 10 days worth of clothes will not fit into my cute pink bag and it was time for an upgrade. Karlo got into the suitcase shopping spirit and bought one of his own. Good thing we didn't have the Mini because I'm not sure both bags would have fit.

No comments: