Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shopping Therapy

I had a pretty rotten day today. I'm ready for a work sabatical and it just so happens that a unique opportunity presented itself today. Was it a coincidence or fate that our dealer in New Zealand is looking for somebody to come down on an extended working holiday? I immediately replied and told him that I'm packing Karlo's bag (and of course, my own) immediately. I know we would never do it, but it sure was fun to think about it for a while. If we had any smarts we would just close up the house, sell the dogs, flush the fish and go. But we all know that's not going to happen.

So where do I go from there? Shopping, of course. I ran into Home Goods on a one track mission. I had to find a house warming gift for some friends. After ripping my hair out going up and down the isles I walked out of the store with my new best friend and a sweater for myself. No matter how bad my day was, I can't help but to smile when I look at this guy . . .


I parked him on the landing so he brings a smile to face every time I go up and down the stairs. He needs a name. Any ideas?

No comments: