Sunday, September 21, 2008

Doga

Why am I standing outside holding my yoga mat and Peanut on a leash? What could I possibly be doing? Well, you're not going to believe this one. Thanks to my buddy Robin, I went to Doga on Saturday. What is Doga, you ask? Doga is "yoga for dogs and people who love them." That is according to the ad that Robin found in a local newsletter paper. I just had to go and check this out.

Karlo and I took a drive out to a very nice park in Pomfret and I attended the Doga class with Peanut as Karlo and Bentley observed. It was quite an interesting hour. Mostly useless, but certainly entertaining. Here's the class in a nutshell - a Peanut shell . . .

First we needed to make eye contact, which is not an easy task with a aloof greyhound, but Peanut did her best.

Here she is showing off a brand new trick that she didn't know she could do.

Here she appears much more interested in Daddy and the camera than in yoga.

Looks like I'm the only one doing any yoga here. Peanut is just relaxing.

She's just not getting it. This is supposed to be 'updog.' Not 'lay-there dog.'

Wait, she's catching on. That almost looks like a 'down dog.' I'm so proud!

And then she figured out where the treats were coming from and it was all over!

No comments: