Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In Reponse to Lisa's Blog

I couldn't think of anything to write about today . . . until I saw Lisa's blog posting where she shows off the lovely harvest from her garden. Karlo has been wanting to take some photos of my garden for days and I kept protesting. But I'm about to break down and show it off myself. I have no shame. So Lisa, you think your tomatoes are sexy. Wait until you see mine . . .



Hmmm, a little reminiscent of my Charlie Brown Christmas tree shot from last winter, no?

And while I'm on the subject of bad harvests, is it just me or is everybody experiencing the worst fruit in decades. I swear, I haven't purchased one piece of fruit (outside of bananas) that were any good. I am so sick and tired of spending a lot of money on fruit every week only to get it home and have it be completely tasteless. So far we've had terrible watermelon, honeydew, blueberries, necterines, apples, and even strawberries. I'm really starting to get MAD . . . at fruit! Last night we bought a bag (peck?) of peaches and they were by far the worst tasting objects that resembled fruit. I am tempted to return them to Big Y and say, "Are ya kidding me?" Am I the only one experiencing this this year? So very frustrating.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

There's a reason I took a picture of the tomatoes and not the plants. My plants look as ugly and withered as yours. They just managed to give me a few tomatoes, too.

I can't say the fruit's been bad... I must have eaten about 30lbs of delicious cherries last month and the blueberries and grapes have been tasty lately. I also had a very nice nectarine yesterday. It's too early for apples. Wait a couple of weeks and you'll be up to your eyeballs in delicious apples. Go to the farmers' market for some fruit that's in season, then you won't have to worry about it being tasteless!

tina said...

we have had great luck with our
fruit at big y and other places.
i'm eating a delicious peach right
now :)