Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shopping With Karlo - Also Not Recommended

Last week during out lunchtime walk Karlo surprised me with, “I’m going to take you out tonight.” Normally we discuss our nighttime plans during our afternoon walks, but it usually consists of, “Do you want to bike or kayak tonight?” When he offered up a date night, I was just thrilled. So I said, “Where are you taking me?” and he said, “Job Lots.” What a lucky girl I am. I know, you’re jealous.

So in addition to the truly romantic trip to Job Lots, we also went out to dinner to our favorite Asian place at the Eastbrook Mall. And no trip to the Eastbrook Mall is complete without going to Kohls. I didn’t really want or need anything, but I had coupons that I, of course, didn’t want to waste. Karlo and I were each armed with our own separate coupons and we went off on our separate ways.

We met back up at the registers, Karlo with new shoes and me with new jeans, shorts, and an adorable fall sweater. Since this was a big date and all, Karlo offered to pay for all my clothes, but I felt guilty and didn’t want him to. He tried to grab all three hangers from me and I pulled them back, “No, I don’t want you to pay for them all.” I tried to negotiate with him by telling him that he could pay for the jeans. He protested and kept pulling the items out of my hands, but I continued to protest and pulled back. We literally had a tug of war in the middle of the store arguing over who was going to pay for what. I finally told him that he could pay for two out of three items and that was my final offer. This was going on a ridiculously long time and he finally surrendered to taking two of my garments to the register, leaving me with the sweater that was now all bent out of shape from his tugging and pulling. Uuugh

Karlo handed the cashier the items and his coupon and she explained that he could not use the coupon unless he used his Kohls charge card. Of course Karlo couldn’t find his card and tells the cashier he doesn’t have it and forget the coupon. She responds with another explanation of why he could not use the coupon. He understood this and just wanted to check out without the discount. All this commotion caught my attention from the next register over. When I discovered that he wasn’t going to get the discount I swooped in and used my coupon and MY CREDIT CARD to pay for the whole transaction. Karlo just had to laugh at the deal he just got. He went from offering to pay for everything to paying for nothing. This is the last time I shop with him! And my new sweater is still bent all out of shape.

No comments: