Monday, August 17, 2009

Jess & Cory Visit Recap Part 2

I’m still tired from our busy weekend. At least I think I’m tired from all our weekend activities, going out every night, and staying up too late last night. Or maybe I’m tired from our hot mountain bike ride this afternoon. Either way, I’m ready for bed. But I can’t slack on today’s blog posting after I left you hanging . . .

So I saved the best part of the weekend for last. And this just proves that sometimes the best times are the ones that were unplanned. Sunday just sort of fell perfectly into place. The kids were originally planning on driving back to Canada yesterday early afternoon. But they were having so much fun in lovely CT (which by the way they are convinced is NOTHING but trees) that they decided to play hooky from work today and spend another night. This was great news, but I had absolutely nothing planned for another day. I had to think quick and boy did I come up with the best plan (thanks to my family).

As luck would have it, my family just happened to be planning to spend the day in Haddam. And they just happened to have lots of hot dogs and hamburgers left over from previous parties :-) The weather was perfect and we hopped into the Jeep for a cruise to the river. What a ball we had. I think the pictures can tell the rest of the story . . .

Karlo agreed to be John's first victim on the jet ski. The rest of us (smarter) folks rode on the ski boat with Captain Angelo. I debated over bringing my nice camera on board, seeing as I got 60 gallons of the CT River dumped in my lap on my last voyage. But Penni convinced me that nobody wanted to hear all about the pictures that I could have gotten if I had my camera. And boy am I glad I listened to her.


It started out all good and very exciting, but soon got even more exciting (for John & Karlo) and more entertaining for the dry folks on the boat. Suddenly we look back and this is what we see. Ooops . . .

Apparently Angelo cut John off and he had to ditch. Now John had a grand plan the entire time to toss Uncle Karlo from the jet ski (pay back for what he did to Penni on the ATV last year), but what he wasn't planning on was getting thrown off himself. It sure did make for an interesting video that Penni somehow managed to capture.

And who would think that after this episode I would be the next to agree to a ride? Not sure what's gotten into me. I'm still terrified of water, but I must be getting braver in my advanced age. Here's the proof.


My big brother looking after me . . . tightening up my vest.

Here I am . . . on my way!


Jess got to go for two rides: one with Penni and one with John.


Cory, on the other hand, only got one ride . . . after he wrapped both of his legs and arms around John . . . nobody wanted to take him for another ride!

I uploaded all 90 pictures of the weekend to Picasa for Jessica. If you would like to take a peek, click here.

4 comments:

tina said...

how great to spend time with the
whole family. thanks for sharing.

lgaumond said...

Great pictures! looks like a perfect weekend.

Penni said...

Great shots. I looked at all of your pictures on picasa and decided that YOU should have taken the pictures of John.

Unknown said...

Thanks Penni. I am always up for a photo shoot :-)