Thursday, August 6, 2009

Numb Tongue

I went to the dentist this afternoon at 4 o'clock to get a filling. I got three shots of Novocaine and the doctor told me that I should be able to eat at 6:30. We timed our dinner to perfectly coincide with my face numbness subsiding and paddled our way out to the middle of Bigelow Hollow with our picnic dinner. Right at 6:30 Karlo declared it 'time to eat.' Well, my mouth wasn't even close to being ready. I was still a mess. My dinner consisted of a series of Golden Grahams inserted into the left side of my mouth, one at a time. I had a nice peanut butter bagel just waiting for me and it was torture not to be able to eat it. To take my mind of the torture I took a few photos while sitting in the kayak.







And at 7:30 I still couldn't eat my bagel so I used the time to muck with the photos. Now it's 8:00 and I think the numbness is finally gone. Yeah. Time for bagel!

2 comments:

tina said...

how is that spot on your leg???

Unknown said...

It's much better now. The swelling is gone and the pain has subsided. It got progressively better by the day. Still a little sensitive when my bike saddle touches it, but I'm mostly all good now. We'll pretend it never happened . . .