Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Work-Free Weekend

I'm sitting here in my office on a summer Sunday afternoon and that is just so wrong on so many levels. We weren't supposed to be talking about 'work' this weekend . . . and we're not . . . talking about it. Instead we're just plain working. But since it's not for our real jobs, it's OK. Karlo is downstairs playing with the router and I've been busy taking pictures of my latest jewelry for the new web site that I'm building. Part of me is wishing that it would start pouring soon so I can better justify being indoors in the middle of the day. sigh

But we did manage to spend all of yesterday out and about. We started the day with nice 35 mile bike ride. We took one 15 minute break and made it home in less than 2.5 hours. Not bad for a morning's work. And it's funny how I consider a 35 mile ride a short one, but when I stop and think that my father lives 38 miles away, I'm stunned that we nearly pedalled the equivalent of driving to my Dad's (which is a 45-50 minute car ride - mostly highway).

Because we earned our motorcycle ride for the day, we took a long one - well, longer than our bike ride, anyway. We drove the back roads up to Worcester. I tried to talk Karlo out of this destination, but he had his heart set on visiting another motorcycle shop - which is strange for somebody so in love with his own bike. When I went online to see what else we can do while in that city I found . . . are you ready for this? . . . a Museum of Sanitary Plumbing. I kid you not. There is such a place. If that is one of the city's highlights you can just imagine what a rockin' good time Worcester is. It was terrible.

We took a different scenic ride back home and this time we drove by an adorable barn with a big "Christmas in July" sign out front. I didn't have the heart to tell them that it was now August. We went in and browsed through all the fun Christmas decorations and we bought a cute ceramic acorn for our rustic tree.



I also took some time to shoot some of the pretty flowers outside. Definitely the highlight of the trip. More flower pictures will soon appear on my photo blog . . .


No comments: