Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dancing the Night Away

We finally figured out how to have some fun and succeeded at having it this past Friday night. As it turns out, fun is much easier to be had when alcohol and dancing are involved!

After work on Friday there was a charity event right in the building where we work. One of our fellow co-workers is a breast cancer survivor and she hosted an amazing wine and beer tasting, combined with a silent auction and raffle. It was a ball. I tried to win every imaginable raffle prize, and even bid on the some silent auction items. I came home a big fat loser, but it didn’t matter. All the wine tastings made me perfectly happy! And after the auctions ended the music got cranked up. We danced and danced for over two hours . . . in my high-heeled work shoes. OUCH. But it was worth it. We had so much fun. Didn’t matter that I woke up the next day with toes so sore that I couldn’t walk in my slippers.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

First, it's taken you how many years to finally learn that?

And secondly, CRAP! I was going to donate something to that event, I totally forgot. I'm such a deadbeat. I'm sorry.

But I'm glad you had a great time!