Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Feel Good Show

I struggled with my back and shoulder pain all day yesterday. I decided that I needed some yoga after work and really thought it would help. Unfortunately it didn’t. Every time I had to raise my arms straight up over my head (which was constantly during this routine) I was in pain. And of course the yoga didn’t really clear my head, despite me trying really hard to just focus on my breathing (and pretend the searing pain didn’t exist.) All it all it wasn’t very successful at making me feel good, but I’m still gad I did it. Yoga is an important part of my day and I wish I could be more committed to doing it more often.

After I got all the other little evening tasks accomplished it was time to relax. I watched American Idol and Glee and that’s when it hit me. For that one hour between 9 and 10pm I was completely pain-free. I enjoyed watching Glee so much that it completely removed me from whatever stresses I had and I got lost in the entertainment. God I love that show. It is just a pure joy to watch. I should get the complete season on DVD and use it as therapy.

I accidentally stumbled over more therapy this morning. A fellow yogi posted this on her blog and I loved it so much that I’m printing it out. And now I want to post it here so I’ll forever have it in my "blog book." Her posting was called 10 Things to Do To Simplify. I’m only going to list the ones that are the most appropriate for me:
  • With yoga – stuck to the foundational postures. No fancy moves or crazy arm balances.
  • With work – chose to not participate in drama.
  • With email – CHECK ALL. DELETE SELECTED.
  • With home life – it’s not dirty… it’s lived in.
  • With schedules – one thing at a time. No more multitasking.
  • 15 minute only blog.
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

I agree, the only day of the week that I can run on the treadmill without constantly checking my time to see when I can stop is on Tuesdays while Glee is on. I love that show and I'm psyched that next week is Lady Gaga week!

tina said...

glee is a great show and i love that i can watch it with the family