Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The San Fran Follies Continue

Yesterday was the first day of my conference. By the way, I’m here for a Web Design and Social Media Marketing conference. Luckily this subject matter is wildly exciting to me so the days are sure to fly by. I got out before 5 PM and since the day was the warmest day forecasted for the week, I mustered up the courage to take a trolley ride to Fisherman’s Warf. The ride was fun and I’m still trying to figure out what gets those trolleys up the insanely steep hills around here. Not that I have a list of places that I would never want to bike, but if I did . . . San Francisco would surely top that list. It is truly amazing how steep these hills are. Riding these trolleys is like a roller coaster ride.

The warf was fun. I’ve been there before a couple of times so I knew all the places to go. I remembered my buddy “CA Sue” taking me to the spot where all the huge seals hang out.

Are they even seals? I’m not even sure exactly what these beasts are.

And I remember taking pictures of Karlo in front of Alcatraz. In lieu of Karlo I found a ‘free bird’ who might have just broken out of Alcatraz.

I strolled around the pier . . .

Had a great dinner at this amazing sourdough bread factory . . .

And then the best part. I cruised through the store at Ghiradelli Square. After meals I crave chocolate and thought I would go and buy myself a treat. To my surprise and delight they hand you a full size square when you walk in the store. I think it’s supposed to entice you to buy more, but it backfired in my case. I was totally satisfied with my one little square and walked out without buying anything more. Sorry Karlo!


After that I high-tailed it back to the trolley line as by then I was frozen solid. But what else is new? I should have packed a scarf.

1 comment:

tina said...

i could really go for being anywhere but here...wish i were you right now. enjoy your conference.