Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where Are The Rice-a-Roni Treats?

I think I forgot to mention that I was headed to San Francisco . . . This was a very last minute business trip that I sort of dreaded taking. Not that I don’t like San Fran, it’s just a hassle to drop everything going on at home and waste two days out of my life in the air. Traveling here was especially hard because I had to leave the house at 5 AM on a SUNDAY–and that Sunday just happened to be in the 80s at home. Not fair!

But I’m making the most of it here. I had all of Sunday afternoon to stroll around the bustling streets of the city. I lugged my 5 pound camera with me, in hopes of trying this new concept of “street photography.” Since my new photography mentor just happens to be one of the best street photographers in the world, I wanted to try really hard to have something to show her. But as usual, I failed miserably and was nothing but annoyed that I had that darn camera around my neck all afternoon for no good reason. Most of the city sights make my skin crawl and I just can’t bring myself to capture them. So instead I went shopping . . . to the Apple store . . . to fondle the new iPad. Probably shouldn’t have done that.



After all the drooling at the Apple store I took off in search of China Town. Hiked up the steep streets just for the exercise of it, cause you know I'm going nuts not working out. I still had more time to kill so I found a Borders and happily crawled into a corner to browse some books and drink some drinks. Before I knew it, it was time for dinner (my fourth meal of the day due to the time difference) and I cruised through the mall right night to my hotel (dangerous). All in all it was a very long, but relaxing day.

No comments: