Sunday, September 26, 2010

I’m Back But I’m Buried

It’s so good to be home - I think. Last week was grueling at times. The stuff I learned was great and fun, but the 11 straight hours of being with my classmates got a little old. We met every day for breakfast at 8, went to dark computer lab until 1pm when we broke for lunch. There were no other breaks along the way and that got hard. We ate together, talked more about video editing, and then marched back to the lab and worked until 6pm. Finally, dinner time. We ate together, talked more shop and then guess where we went from there? Yep, back to the lab where most folks stayed till past 10pm. Were they nuts? I bagged out every night at 9 so I could get to bed by 9:30 in order to get up for sunrise the next day. The only time I had to myself were the early morning hours so I wanted to make the most of them.


On Saturday I left Maine by 5:30am and drove straight home to get here for the 10am gallery opening. I truly wasn’t expecting a single person to show up, but our first visitors arrived at 10:15 and we only had a 10 minute break before the next guests arrived, and the next, and next . . . it was back-to-back people straight through till nearly 3pm. I was pooped. But that didn’t stop us from heading straight to an Oktober Fest party, where we stood and talked more.


It was great fun, but my favorite part of the night was coming home and lounging on the deck chairs to star gaze and watch the moon. It was truly the first chance that Karlo and I got to talk and catch up all week. It was blissful.

To see more pictures from Maine, please click here.

No comments: