Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update From the Windy City

Things have been quite busy here in Chicago and so far there hasn’t been a whole lot of fun happening. I don’t think we were here more than 30 minutes before Karlo got called to work. I was looking forward to an entire afternoon of strolling around together, but sadly that didn’t happen. I was left to stroll around and shop by myself, but better that than me have to go over to the show floor and be tortured there. I had my camera to keep me company so it wasn’t all bad.


The real work started early Monday morning and the days are very long and busy. The best part of the day is the walk back to the hotel along the lake.



We don’t spend much time at the hotel before heading out in search of dinner. That is definitely the perk of being in a big city - no shortage of great restaurants. Last night was a special night as we were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary.


We found a romantic little Italian place that was set up like a wine cellar. I picked it because of the romantic setting and huge tropical fish tanks. I thought it would be heaven, but unfortunately it didn’t live up to my expectations. The food was great but we just couldn’t escape the work-like atmosphere. Other diners were also “show” people and they were yapping loudly about machine tools. Great, JUST what I wanted to try to escape from. An entire bottle of good Italian wine still didn’t drown it out. So we split and strolled around the city. We went to the Buckingham Fountain and just sat in the peace and quiet.

I'm just happy that Karlo and I were able to spend it together. Happy Anniversary babe! Love you lots.

4 comments:

Penni said...

Happy 8th Anniversary Paula and Karlo!!

tina said...

Congratulations and may you have many many many more together!!!!

lgaumond said...

Happy anniversary! And by the way, your hair looks cute. Is it shorter?

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. Fresh hair cut Lisa. Could be shorter than the last time I saw you.