Friday, September 3, 2010

The Hell Continues

Work is still Hell and will continue to be right up until getting on the plane to Chicago. As always I'm really looking forward to the flying part of travel–where I can just sit still and do nothing for a few hours. Can't wait.

Added to the work Hell comes my allergy issues. Like clock work, every single year around Labor Day I feel like I want to crawl into a hole and not move until October.

Then there's the car selling Hell. Not that I'm doing much to sell the car, but just the though of having to make appointments to see people makes me cringe. Like last night for instance . . . we had an appointment to show the car in Manchester. Not terribly convenient for us, but we sacrificed and drove 20 miles in the wrong direction after work for a 4:00 meeting. I gave the woman a 10 minute benefit of the doubt before calling to say, "Where the heck are you?" I was met with, "Oh my God, I forgot. I'm on my way." I knew she lived in Manchester, but I didn't know where. How long could it take? 30 minutes later I call her back and got her daughter who explains that she left 20 minutes ago and should be there "any minute." I was sooooo ready to just ditch her and leave, but I paced around for 15 more minutes (in the heat with my black jeans and leather motorcycle boots on). Then my phone rings and it's the woman's daughter telling me that her mother just got into an accident on her way to see me. What are the chances of that? Unreal. I'm just happy this didn't happen while she was driving my car.

So off to home we went. We took 384 to 44 and that long stretch of 44 felt like an eternity. Especially given the fact that we got stuck in traffic jam - in Ashford no less. This was a 'park the car and play with your phone' jam. Nobody moved an inch for what seemed like an eternity. We left work at 3:30 and got home close to 6 PM with no one gosh darn thing accomplished. I wanted to cry.

1 comment:

tina said...

i just wanted to knock out one of my bosses but chose to go outside and cool off. i am bitting my tongue so hard right now!!!