Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Three Parties and a Funeral

That pretty much sums it up. The weekend was back-to-back parties. It started with our little bonfire gathering, continued with a family reunion, a birthday party, and a Labor Day party, and unfortunately it ended with a funeral. I am very sad to have to report that Penni lost her mother late last week. She had been sick for quite some time and now at rest. Always easy for the one that goes to Heaven and always hard for those they leave behind.

There were plenty of tears this morning, but fortunately there were also some laughs. It's always nice to get a chance to spend some time with my family, even under bad conditions. Nicole couldn't wait to tell me that she made the high school volleyball team. Over 50% of the girls that tried out got cut and my little freshman niece . . . wait a minute, did I just call her little? THAT was a mistake. She's got 3 inches on me and will surely soon be the star of the team.


The best laugh of the day came when my brother tried to get into my car. What ever possessed him to try to get into the driver's side with his left leg first is beyond me. Boy did I get a kick out of seeing him as a pretzel. We had to take the top down to fit him in. But at least I got a great picture of the family out of the deal. I'll have to Photoshop Penni in some day!

1 comment:

tina said...

my sincere condolences to your family