Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Movie Watching


Movie watching will never be the same for me. Last night was the first movie that Karlo and I watched since my video boot camp training. I tried really hard to just watch the movie and pay attention to the plot and characters, but it was simply impossible. All I can focus on is the camera angle, camera movement, POV (point of view) and every single edit. I find myself over analyzing every film cut and reciting the reasons why the edits were done the way they were done. I get excited when I see an edit that I learned all about. I try to find instances where I would have done it differently. I try to figure out how I would re-do some effects in the software. It’s out of control. I work nearly non-stop from 7 AM to 8 PM and when I finally make my way to the couch to relax this is what happens. I am hopeless! And damned this training for ruining the movies for me.

1 comment:

tina said...

i would think you would feel the opposite and really enjoy movies even more since your class. anyway, when you start casting for your movie keep me in mind...