Sunday, September 12, 2010

The River is On Fire

I made it through Hell Week at work and getting to the weekend was pure joy. I counted down the hours on Friday afternoon, glancing over at the clock every 30 minutes with my countdown till 3:30. Right at 3:30 I was shut down, packed up, jeans & motorcycle boots on. I was READY to ROLL! And 2 minutes later I found out that Karlo was in the middle of some work emergency and had to stay 40 minutes late. I wanted to cry. I had my out-of-office notifications turned on and I was completely wrapped up and ready for my 2 week office hiatus. Not a happy camper. I kept myself amused watching some photography lighting workshop lessons which will no doubt, cost me money in the near future. But that's another story.

We really had to pack in a lot yesterday given the fact that we are flying out late this morning for Chicago. And what a great day it was yesterday. Couldn't have asked for a better one and we were busy making the most of it. We went to a giant flea market and bought some fleas, cruised around sans top (which was not the smartest thing given my recent chemical peel and the fact that my face is, once again falling off and highly sensitive to the sun), went for a nice hike, etc.

At night we went to see our friend play in a swing band in Putnam. It was to be the last night of the River Fire and I wasn't quite sure what that was all about, but it sure was neat. There were several floating fires all throughout the river and people lined the shores to watch. They had beautiful music playing and it was so unique. So glad we witnessed it on one of the most gorgeous early Autumn nights.

Now it's off to the Windy City . . .

1 comment:

tina said...

have a great time in the windy city and tell "O" i said hello