Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Because Karlo is Away

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted a blog with that title. I have been very lucky in that ever since Karlo got his new job title he hasn't really traveled much. All the recent trips he's taken have been with me which has been great. But this time he left me alone and you know what that means. Things have to go wrong.

I made it through the first half of his trip with flying colors. Of course I wasn't home myself so it was pretty easy. But I did host a house guest all alone and I kept her warm with the best fire I ever built and maintained in my life. I was so proud of myself and doing so good.

But then last night was my first night at home alone. I was really looking forward to a peaceful night of catching up on my digital life and some house chores. What I really didn't want was more house cleaning chores added to the list. So when I got back from my run and found a pile of doggie vomit on the floor (and no paper towels anywhere in sight) it was not good. But I was a trooper and cleaned it up.

Next chore was laundry. That's not so bad. I usually don't mind doing laundry. The dogs came into the laundry room to help, as they normally do, but this time they weren't much help. Cooper proceeded to throw up again, this time in the laundry basket and on MY FOOT. There goes those slippers! Dear Santa . . . I could use some nice Japanese slippers this year.

So much for my peaceful night at home. Why is it that things never go smoothly when Karlo is away?

No comments: