Sunday, November 14, 2010

Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Karlo and I watched this movie over the weekend and I just loved it. Of course, I love just about every movie starring Hugh Grant. I find him irresistible. Maybe it's the accent. Or maybe I just love the funny characters he always plays.

It's not often that movies make me really laugh out loud and I love it when that happens. Nothing is better than a sincere laugh-out-loud moment and there were several of those episodes during this movie. Two of them stuck in my mind and I can't seem to forget them so I'll share.

I call both of these scenes "Karlo moments." They couldn't be more fitting for Karlo. The first scene went something like this . . . the couple is engaged in passionate kissing and Hugh sweeps his wife off her feet and carries her into the bedroom. On the way through the doorway he whacks her limbs on the door frame. Then the camera stays at the doorway while the couple moves out of the scene. All you hear is a crash bang, the wife saying, "OUCH" and Hugh saying, "What do you mean ouch? That was foreplay." Welcome to my world! Enough said.

The second scene that nearly made us choke we laughed so hard was Hugh and his wife (who are from NYC) saying goodbye to a couple that they lived with temporarily in Wyoming . . . Hugh says, "If you're ever in New York . . " and the woman from Wyoming cuts him off and says, "Then something has gone terribly wrong." I don't think Karlo ever loved a line from a movie more than that. Too cute.

Anyway, "Did You Hear About the Morgans" is on Netflix instant watch and I highly recommend it. Pop yourself some popcorn and enjoy some good laughs.

1 comment:

tina said...

that is so funny... i wanted to see that movie when it came out and have forgotten about it since then so thanks for the reminder.