Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Miss My Babies


I so miss my Bentley. This has been the first time in a very long time that I've been home alone. I really can't remember if Karlo has left town without me since we lost Bentley. This may be the first time. I never really felt lonely in the house with Bentley around. He was such a good companion. I could talk to him and he would gaze deep into my eyes, listening to (and understanding just about) everything I would say to him. Should I ever mention the word "Daddy" his ears would perk right up and he would get so excited that he would cry. I just loved being able to communicate with him.

But now I'm stuck with Cooper and Peanut and although they are mostly good dogs - when they are not throwing up or completely ignoring me - they just don't compare to Bentley. I tried to have a heart to heart with them tonight. I went over and hugged them, petted their ears, and asked them if they missed "Daddy." Nothing. There is just not one brain wave moving in their heads. I got up, paced around the house and said out loud, "Boy do I miss Bentley. I'm so lonely." Within 2 minutes the phone rang and it was Bentley! OK, don't be ridiculous. It was Karlo calling from Tokyo. What a surprise that was. I guess he felt me being lonely.

Well, I'll never get my baby Bentley back, but I sure am looking forward to my other baby coming home on Thursday. I miss you too Karlo! These dogs just aren't cutting it. I need you home with me.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

I miss Bentley, too. :(

Anonymous said...

Me too!
Karlo

tina said...

OMG you made me cry...