Monday, November 22, 2010

Multitasking Kills the Brain

And I'm sure that it's true. What I'm not sure of is if this is funny, sad, or scary . . . On Friday I got an email advertising a wine tasting in Sturbridge that would be taking place on Sunday. I thought it sounded like fun and I forwarded the message to Karlo who responded by saying, "Let's go." To my delight I planned our entire day around being at Yankee Spirits between noon and 3pm for this wine tasting. I picked out some cute clothes to wear and I planned an entire shopping route that included trips to every store in Southbridge and Sturbridge that I knew of. When we leave the house for shopping, we do it like we mean it. By the second store I was already regretting driving the MINI as the car was nearly full.

Store after store our wallets were getting lighter and lighter and after nearly an hour in Pier One (I had to drag Karlo out!), a wish list a mile long, and two big pieces of decor that I had no idea where to put in the house, we decided to go home as quick as possible before we spent another dime. Besides the car was jam packed. We got home and I checked my email only to find the original message from Yankee Spirits about the wine tasting. We COMPLETELY forgot to go. All of our plans that day revolved around this event and we FORGOT TO GO. I'm just stunned and I still can't believe we did that.

So I'm going to apologize now in case the day comes that we have plans with you and just completely space out and not show up. I didn't think it was possible that I could ever do such a thing, but now I'm not so sure.

No comments: