Monday, November 8, 2010

What Happened?

Where did the time go? I just realized that I haven't blogged since last Tuesday. When I discovered this fact my first thought was, "Poor Tina, she's waiting for stories." So what happened to my last several days? Well, Karlo is back. Need I say more?

It took us days to catch up with each other. And I'm very disappointed to report that I don't have any funny stories from his trip to Japan. I mean I got nuttin'. I'm still not quite sure how this is possible, but it sounded like a pretty boring trip. Oh well. Sorry to disappoint.

Since getting back home Karlo has created some work for me. Not that I wasn't working in his absence, but now I had even more to deal with. Piles of laundry, a temporary lost dog, a lost cell phone, expense reports, etc. Then there was the yard work and the never ending leaves. If I could just devise a plan to make money off of fallen leaves. Where on earth do all those leaves go? I would think that our woods would be piled 3 feet high with leaves permanently. But I guess mother nature has it all worked out. All we need to do is get them into the woods. As if that was an easy task. I spent all Sunday morning with a gasoline engine strapped on my back blowing leaves around the yard while Karlo drove the lawn tractor around at record speeds. After hours of painstaking work, I watched leaves falling from the sky for the rest of the day and now the lawn is covered again. uuugh. Between seeing the leaves and the snow on the lawn this morning I just wanted to crawl back into bed.

I'm still in denial that it's November. Maybe if I just don't accept that it's almost Thanksgiving I won't have to deal with the upcoming stress of the season. Dear Santa I would like you to bring me a half a dozen elves. Maybe then I could get my life in order. Until then I will continue to live in the chaos that is Paula's world.

2 comments:

tina said...

thanks so much for thinking of me :) i did assume you were busy, as usual, and understand. i appreciate your time blogging because it is something i look forward to reading. tell karlo welcome home.

Karlo said...

Thank you Tina, it is nice to be back:-)