Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In the Nick of Time

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my car? When I made the decision to trade in my all-wheel drive, practically new Saab for one of the most impractical cars on the road I was definitely thinking with my heart and not my head. The closer and closer winter started to approach the more I started to imagine getting the MINI to and from the highway. If you ever visited us at home you would understand this potential problem. 95% of the time Karlo and I travel together in the trusty (and now 4x4) VW Golf, but that other 5% of the time started to terrify me. Who exactly am I going to call to come and drag me out of a ditch if Karlo is away? And even worse than that . . . What if I hurt my poor MINI? I couldn't bare the thought of it.

Taking all this into account, we decided to make a purchase. Here are the Top 5 Reasons We Bought Another Jeep:
  1. I was too cheap to buy the extra set of snow tires for the MINI - great logic there, I know!
  2. Karlo's shoes are too big to drive the MINI.
  3. We didn't want the third garage bay to go to waste.
  4. Karlo needed even more reasons to spend all night in the garage.
  5. And lastly . . . It's a Jeep thing! You wouldn't understand. (Ripped off from the Jeep catalogs - not my words.)
Here's our new pet in this morning's sleet. I haven't named it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the car and thanks
for helping our economy.