Monday, December 15, 2008

Scenes From Home

I had planned for today’s blog posting to be my annual Christmas letter, but since Karlo accidently took the notebook that I wrote my letter in, I need a Plan B. Instead I’m going to share my day with you. It’s been quite the exciting day here at home.

The long awaited chimney work began today. I have a team of very busy guys running all over the house and up and down the roof. It’s been non-stop noise, but the end result will be that we can burn fires in our woodstove without the high risk of burning the house down. Well worth a day of noise and mess.

So far no holes in the stone wall.

The driveway.

To take a break from all the noise the dogs and I went for a walk to check out the water level of our little river. I couldn’t believe how mild the weather was so I brought my camera along.

The river was up as high as I’ve seen it. It was so pretty with all the rushing rapids.

I even found some new water features that weren’t there the last time I hiked.

A section of our trail used to go right between these two trees, but it looks like one of the last storms did the big tree in, which in turn took out the little tree. How sad, but lots of fire wood there.

The dogs enjoyed lounging in the yard while watching the workers on the roof.

I got a rare shot of Bentley with his ears up as the sounds of drilling got his attention.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

I love the look of your photos today! They're so sharp and the background is pretty and soft. That shot of Bentley should be framed!

michelled said...

Do your greys just stay on the property without taking off? What's the scoop with that. I know enough about them to know that they generally will run....

Unknown said...

They are never on leashes. Notice, they don't even wear collars. The only place these two will dart off to is their beds inside the garage. They stick to me like glue and come immediately upon command. They are little dog angels and don't fit the typical running greyhound stereotype.