Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Photos

Just for the record, we took a ton of pictures this weekend. You are just going to have to take my word for it because I didn’t get around to uploading them this weekend and forgot to bring my camera to work. All I have to share is my two favorites. Here is Peanut catching snowflakes off her tongue.

There is a story behind my next picture . . . I told a co-worker about my grand plan to recreate the Peanuts Christmas tree scene. Only problem was that I didn’t have a plain red ball ornament. A couple of days later I found a red ornament hanging from my overhead cabinet at work. How thoughtful! This coworker left me the ornament after hearing my story. And within 4 hours I managed to SMASH the darn thing all over my desk. I went to open the cabinet and the poor little ornament went crashing to my desk. Remember that scene when Charlie Brown shouted UUUUGGGGGHHHHH when he thought he killed the tree? Well that was me when I looked down at the shards of ornament and knew I killed it. I felt like such a jerk, but I fessed up the coworker. Low and behold the next day I found another ornament on my desk. This time it was wrapped in 6 layers of bubble wrap. What a riot. I couldn’t let him down. I was determined to come to work today with this picture:

Karlo and I hunted around the yard for the perfect little tree. Our first plan was to dig a tree up, put it in a pot, and bring it into the house. But with the ground frozen solid we decided to just decorate the tree outside. Karlo went and hung the ornament on my favorite pick and nothing happened. The tree didn’t droop at all because it was frozen. I told Karlo to ‘help it out’ and he proceeded to bend it. SNAP. There went half the tree in a solid break. So much for not wanting to kill a tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

karlo you crack me up :)