Friday, June 22, 2007

Free Dinner


I have been on a roll lately with cooking nice dinners. Moving to Hartford has completely changed me! I went from attempting to cook one meal every 2-3 weeks to cooking just about every night. And I have discovered that it’s not really all that bad. I have learned that it’s not the cooking that I hate. It’s the chopping and cutting. I’m just not good with knives! So when Karlo helps me by doing all the chopping, it’s really quite easy.

Before we moved to Hartford I bought a new cookbook – one with lots of pictures that’s presented like a children’s book. Perfect for me. If only they explained what part of the grocery store to buy the ingredients in, I would be all set! Anyway, between that book and a couple great web sites that Lisa gave me (http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Dinner/ and http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/onedish.html) I’ve been amazing myself (along with Karlo and Dad).

Last night I whipped up what is now my new favorite dinner. It’s easy to make and super yummy. The picture at the top of this posting is the dinner I made (only mine didn't quite look that pretty). I like it so much, I’m offering you all a free dinner when you come to visit us. Just leave me a comment on this posting and consider it a gift certificate for that meal. All it will cost ya is a few gallons of gas to come and visit us 

Let’s see who is brave enough to take me up on it . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

count me in!

lgaumond said...

See? Cooking isn't all that bad! And we'll come over anytime, free dinner or not.

Anonymous said...

Yum, Yum. I don't like the chopping either and it's much better if you have someone helping.

Anonymous said...

well, it will cost more than a few gallons of gas but I like free!!

Anonymous said...

Can you make the recipe for 6 because I come with 3 extra people but we are fun and We are Family so ANYthing you make will be great!!!