Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Number 9

Last night I finally had my new favorite beer and good news . . . I actually liked it! It was yummy. I also learned all about beer etiquette. I was not aware that it is taboo to drink Newcastle in the summer. According to Peter (my old – and I mean ‘old’ volleyball partner), Newcastle is a winter beer. La te da.

So last night I was supposed to meet some friends to play volleyball. After wussing out of subbing for Sheryl a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I need to get out and see if I still remember how to play. I was all excited to play a few pick-up games – in the sand – with no pressure of real competition. My ‘old’ partner has mellowed out and no longer gets into vicious competitive mode, so it’s just all fun and no stress these days.

But the plans went downhill. Peter hurt his back (like I said, he’s old) and we decided to go out for drinks instead. Pathetic. So instead of a couple hours of great exercise, we sat around at Shea’s (more on that below) and had a light dinner and some beer. It was lots of fun . . . but I still wanna play!!

Now, if you haven’t been to Shea’s in Manchester you should go. They have a nice outdoor patio, the food was good, reasonably priced and the atmosphere is great for hanging with friends. It’s pretty much in the Kohls parking lot so what’s better than a little shopping followed by dinner and drinks outside? And here’s the best part . . . they have bands playing on Friday and Saturday nights and I convinced the owner/manager that he needs to let my cousin’s band play. So hopefully that will happen this summer and we can all get together. (Jamie, email me for the details).

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Hey, Luke's mom is taking us to Shea's on Friday for our birthday dinners! Glad to know it was good.