Thursday, June 14, 2007

Not So Little Anymore


I still can’t believe this . . . Jessica graduated high school this week. It seems like just last summer when I was teasing her about being a “freshman.” Where did 4 years go? I also vividly remember redoing “her” bedroom before I even met her. She was 11 at the time and I made the room all colorful in a theme for a little girl. Then before I even knew it, it was time to redo the room for a more grown up young lady. And now, well . . . she’s an adult. Scary how fast the time goes. I’m sure I don’t have to tell any of you moms out there.

I’m not quite sure what Jessie’s plans are from here. She still has not decided on where she’s going for her college education or what she wants to be. But then again, how many of us knew what we wanted to do when we entered college? (Besides Gina, who probably already knew.)

I’m sure it’s hard for Karlo to see his little girl all grown up. She’s in love with a college boy now (yikes) and is being torn between being with him and doing her school work. We’ve all been through it and somehow it all works out.

And as hard as it is for Karlo to see his little girl all grown up . . . it’s harder for ME to admit that my step-daughter has just graduation high school. Aren’t I too young for this??

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Even I can't believe she's graduating! Makes me feel old.