Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting Ready for our Trip

As most of you know, Karlo and I are leaving this week for our long awaited trip to Croatia. We started planning this adventure two years ago! We booked it a year in advance and then one week before we were due to leave, we were informed by Homeland Security that Karlo got approved for permanent residency and could not leave the country again without a special stamp in his passport. Does this make sense? Now that you are an official permanent resident of the USA, you are restricted from traveling! But when you are in limbo and not really a permanent resident, you can do as you wish. Unreal. So long story short, we had to cancel our trip and rebook for the following year. We have our fingers crossed that nothing else crops up between now and getting on the airplane on Thursday.

In preparations for the trip, I’ve been trying to figure out the bus or train schedule to get us from the airport to where we need to go. Very frustrating because nothing is in English and I can’t rely on busy Karlo to translate the Croatian web sites for me. I just booked us a car so we can drive ourselves from the airport. A one day rental cost us $200. That is the price you pay for being a lazy American!

I also found a website that lists the weather in Croatia. Last week I checked it and it looked too good to be true. Here’s what it looked like:


So I just checked it again today to see what’s going on this week. And this is new forecast. I think I’m gonna like this place!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

You're going to have a GREAT time! I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

enjoy yourselves! can't wait to see
some pictures.