Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Greyhound Day



Today was the greyhound walk-a-thon and luckily Tina and her kids assisted me with my hounds. It was a hot ordeal and there were plenty of long tongues. The route had to be shortened to avoid the sun. I'm telling ya, everyone sure does pamper these guys. As if 5 minutes in the sun would be the end of the world. But that's OK. We had a 4.5 minute walk through the woods. And I was totally off the hook. The kids walked the dogs for me and I got to chat with Tina during the stroll. Just watching her hike through the woods with her high heel sandals was worth the trip to the park!
A special thanks to those who made a donation to WAG!

Here are some pictures of a greyhound's life. Wait a minute, make that a RETIRED greyhound's life.



And if that wasn't enough greyhounds for you for one day . . . you have to check this video out. It's great!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had a great afternoon together.
my kids were sad you didn't come
for ice cream w/us but once i told
them you had to feed the dogs, they
understood.