Monday, June 18, 2007

Interesting Morning

Uuuugh, we woke up this morning at approximately 4:45 to the sound of a jack hammer about 25 feet from our cracked-open basement window. We laid there and tried to pretend we didn’t hear it until about 5:30. Finally, Dad came and knocked on the basement door to inform us that the water main had broken on the street and there was going to be no water for the rest of the day. What a Monday.

So Karlo immediately packed a bag and took off for the office. I, personally, had to desire to start work at 6:00 am so I paced around the cellar until 6 and then took off for the office. Which is a drag, considering Monday’s are my ‘days off.’ But I figured a shower, toilet, and something to drink all day was worth going in. So here I am . . . feeling quite lucky to have a stocked locker and nice shower here at the office.

We had a good weekend, despite the fact that I’m struggling to remember anything that we did. Oh, we did a little biking and a little kayaking. We biked in Eastford and I had my first experience running over a snake!! You should have heard me scream. Ick. I’m going to have to get used to the creatures out there. Yesterday, we kayaked at the Cove. We are selling our old kayak to a co-worker and tomorrow will be our last day with it. We had to take it out one last time to say good-bye. So sad. I get emotionally attached to objects! I hope I don’t miss it.

Other than that excitement, we tinkered around the house. Karlo was busying playing with the roof rack on the VW and cleaning his “new-to-him” chainsaw. I was busy learning how to use my new toy . . . . We bought a push lawn mower – just for me! I think I have lost my mind because I’m all excited to help Karlo mow the grass. I tested it out in Dad’s backyard and I think I got it down. Now I’m ready to take on the hills in Eastford.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you hit the snake before it got you!

lgaumond said...

That's a terrible way to start your Monday! I'm so sorry.