Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I’m So Proud, But I’m So Tired

I’m so proud of Cooper. His guard dog, ‘meaness’ training has paid off. For whatever reason he was outside on patrol last night, barking his head off and howling at the moon. I have no idea what got into him, but I was happy to hear him actually barking. Karlo threw on our outside panic lights, which I’m pretty sure you can see from space, and that quieted him down for a little while. But then he was at it again. This time Karlo went to check on things, had a little talk with Coop and he settled down. Shortly thereafter our driveway alarm went off. That was it. I was officially on edge. What the heck was going on outside? This led me to have a nightmare about being robbed. The dream was so unbelievably realistic. I woke up in a cold sweat, shaking and convinced what just happened was real. It was terrible and I couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night. I was so torn between being mad at the dog and being proud of him. I think, despite my exhaustion, I’m still proud of him. He can bark all he wants from now on.

No comments: