Saturday, March 27, 2010

Still a Block Head

But I'm not letting this darn cold ruin my weekend. It may have shorten our evening, but we still had a nice day. After a few hours of running around at home doing projects we took off for a nice drive through the country. We headed to the Grand Opening of the new Connecticut Country Store in Coventry. This new store is showcasing about 20 different artists and I'm one of them. Yeah! I just couldn't wait to see my jewelry on display. Here's their blog if you want to check it out. If you scroll down you'll see some of my jewelry hanging in the window: http://www.connecticutcountrystore.blogspot.com/.

In honor of the Grand Opening, they had a petting zoo and it's not just for kids you know. I had a ball strolling through the animals and the highlight was petting the camel's nose. First of all, how many camels have you gotten near? And second, camel nose is even better than my beloved llama nose! And I don't think camels spit so there's a bonus.

I swear I wanted to snatch one of these adorable little guys and make a run for it:

I was a little disappointed that there were no ducks for sale, but you never know what you might find at this store. I may have to put a special duck order in and see what happens this Spring.

From there we drove our old biking route to Andover and it was amazing how lost I felt at times. I can't tell you how many times we biked this same route, day after day, and yet it felt so foreign to us after only a couple of years. We even missed the road that takes us to Andover and had to turn around. I still can't believe that one.

Karlo still refuses to drive by our old house, but that's OK. I guess I have moved on and no longer care what the place looks like. Besides Lisa gives me occasional reports on it. And speaking of Lisa, we had a great visit. This was Cooper's first time at the Gaumond compound and he had a ball.

And now I can no longer stay up so I'm signing off for the night and getting some much needed rest. ZZZZZZZZ

No comments: