Saturday, March 27, 2010

That Wasn't Nice at All

Well, my sweet caring husband who shares everything with me has gracious shared his cold germs with me. It hit me Thursday night and I thought staying home on Friday would stop it in it's tracks. I think the only thing that went wrong with that plan was that I refused to rest. As usual, I worked harder at home than I would have at work. Oh well, at least I didn't spread my germs any further.

I sneezed and sniffled my way through the day just hoping that I could get through 3 consecutive minutes on Friday night while Karlo and I danced in a little performance in Mansfield. Yes, of course I'm telling you all this after the event instead of before. I'm not stupid ;-) I have to say I was thrilled to get through the dance without sneezing or having to wipe my nose mid Lindy turn, but we had other problems. First, I was experiencing a waredrobe malfunction. I learned my lesson to always practice in the outfit you plan to dance it. Very frustrating. Then there was the small issue of Karlo screwing up some steps. I know I shouldn't have been disappointed in the small screw up, but I was . . . because I'm a perfectionist at times and we were the center attraction of the song, with a solo no less. Oh well, I'm still thrilled that we did it. We even celebrated and went out to Friendly's for ice cream after the show. And a small footnote regarding Friendly's . . . that will be our very last trip to Friendly's in this lifetime. We should have followed our gut the first 3 times we felt compelled to get up and walk out. At least the ice cream was nice on my throat.

No comments: