Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Gary's Fault

That title may only be funny for Karlo and Jill. They know the inside joke that I blame Gary just about every time I buy something that I didn't really need. Gary is a coworker who has this amazing talent for convincing me that I 'need' all sorts of stuff. I swear he could sell ice to an Eskimo. Every time Karlo catches Gary in my office he says, "Oh no, what is this going to cost me?"

So this time I'm blaming Gary for my latest lens purchase. I just picked up a used Nikon Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens and tell me if you think I needed it. I already owned a Nikkor 18-105mm VR and a Tamron 28-300mm VC. So really, why did I need to make this investment? I'm not quite sure, but somehow I convinced myself that I should sell a couple lens in order to have this one instead. Seemed like the logical thing to do at the time.

I am excited to have this as my all-purpose walk around lens for our next vacation. I like the idea of having a little bit more on the wide angle side rather than the telephoto side and, well, Nikon is just plain better than Tamron. So I should be all set for vacation. Now I just need to buy a UV filter for it and a travel tripod. OK, stop it. I really do need those things. Oh and I need one other small thing too. Karlo got the brilliant idea that I should carry my camera around in an insulated lunch tote while biking on vacation. I thought this was brilliant because it's waterproof. So now I'm on the hunt for a cute one. This one is a contender:
How cute is that? Of course it looks like Lisa should own it, or maybe it just looks like Lisa made it and that's why I like it. Either way, I want it. And after that I'm done. I swear.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Lisa SHOULD own that, it's adorable!

tina said...

where is the next vacation destination?

Gina said...

You can never have too many lens. I had a chance to read your blog. Great pics! Love your friend who lives 45 minutes from the tappen zee bridge and 10 miles from the exit you passed on the GSP.