Monday, July 19, 2010

Crusty the Clown

Lately I've been spending a lot of time flat on my back on the floor in our bedroom. This is my back therapy. I lay on a racquet ball and torture myself by putting pressure right on the muscle mass that is pressing on the nerve. It's excruciating. To take my mind off the pain I like to look up at our always interesting ceiling. There are so many knots in the wood and I like to play the cloud game. I look at the shapes and try to see things in the knots. There always lots of eyes staring back at me and sometimes I find dragonflies or butterflies, but this huge knot directly over my head really got me. How could I not have noticed this sooner? Is it just me or do you also think this looks exactly like Crusty the Clown? He's even wearing a hat!


Now every single time I look up at the beam this image looking back at me creeps me out. Clowns are nothing but spooky trouble.

3 comments:

michelled said...

Ha! I see it!

tina said...

I see it too! Lying on a ball as back therapy is something I have not heard about. Let us know if it works.

Unknown said...

T, it's called Trigger Point Therapy. Google it for more info. It's pretty cool. Actually I'm going to get a massage this afternoon and that's all the therapists does is put pressure on these trigger points. Hurts like hell, but it releases the tension.