Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One of Those People


I swore I would never become one of ‘those’ people . . . you know the ones . . . constantly playing with their smart phones, always distracted, never paying attention to a single conversation. And so far I’ve done really good. Of course it’s been pretty darn easy to not be one of those people because up until this weekend, I hated my phone. I had a Blackberry Storm. A pathetic iPhone wanna be that didn’t even come close to measuring up. It was inadequate in just about every way and caused me nothing but frustration. If I had a dollar for every time I said, “I hate this stupid phone” I could have paid for the new Droid. And the worst part was that I was paying for the hefty data plan and never using it. I would go several days without even charging my phone - not even knowing that the battery was dead. What a total waste of money.

But NOW . . . now I can barely keep my hands off of my phone. I simply love it. And yes, maybe for the past few days I have been one of those people, but my excuse is that it’s new and it takes time to set it up. Well, that’s the excuse that I will stick to for as long as I can. I have to set up my contacts and download a million apps, and then open all those apps up and figure out how to use them. The phone does so much that it’s gonna take me months to figure it all out. The way I see it this phone is going to help me with my stress and patience problems. If I’m ever made to wait for more than one minute I can whip out my phone and happily amuse myself. Not to mention all the useful apps. For instance, I have an app to help me relax. Who knew there was an app for that? As a matter of fact I downloaded two. I figure the more the better. So I’m all set now. I have something to help me organize my completely chaotic life, something to keep me patient when I would have otherwise been annoyed, and something to actually help me reduce my stress. Last night I even bought some digital fish for my phone that I can't kill. I’m sold and I’m in love.

To see the coolness for yourself click here.

1 comment:

tina said...

wow, you almost have me sold on one