Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This is a First

I’m typing while I have a bag of ice shoved into my pants. I never dreamed I could handle ice touching my skin anywhere, let alone below my belly button, but I was desperate and it actually feels good. We went for a hike tonight and the evening was starting off really nice. I was so enjoying everything about the hike. It was cool enough to bring the dogs along; I had my favorite new gadget in the world to track my every step, every mile, every calorie; Karlo and I were having a great conversation. Things were just perfect. Until a freakin’ bee flew down my shirt. I felt something bite me in the chest and I flipped my shirt in and out to let it escape. Only it wasn’t smart enough to fly to freedom. No . . . it had to fly DOWN MY SHORTS. OMG it was terrible. I lifted my shirt and could see the bee in my obviously-too-baggy shorts. I had to reach in and force it out, but unfortunately not before it stung me. I thought I was in pain for the rest of the hike, but the pain just kept growing and growing as we drove home. Thank God we fixed the ice maker because the ice cubes were a heavenly relief. Stupid bee. My one relaxing stress-free event of the night and it had to go and ruin it for me. I am getting so sick of these darn bugs that I think I might be anxious for Fall to arrive this year. I can’t believe I just said that.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

What a pain in the butt! (Ha! See what I did there?)

Luke had one fly up the leg of his shorts on the motorcycle once...that wasn't good.

I got stung last week on the knuckle of my middle finger and it hurt so much, I whined about that for days. I can't imagine the pain from being stung on the tush. So sorry.

tina said...

thanks for cracking me up!!!