Saturday, July 24, 2010

Time is Getting Away From Me

Well, I don't know where this past week went or what I did. Oh, one thing I did was accidentally a YogaDudes blog posting on this blog. And I love how Tina creatively tried to fix the winnings ;-) Very cute. But that little accident was just a tiny example of what my week has been like. I can't seem to do anything right because I can't concentrate long enough on any one thing. Last night I needed to buy one thing at CVS. I ran in to get conditioner and ran out with shampoo. I'm starting to worry about myself.

I think things got off on the wrong foot around Tuesday when my freelance client requested another change to the website that I'm building that caused me about 8 extra hours of mind numbing work. I basically work from 7 am to 9 pm with a half hour for lunch and another half hour for dinner. And when I do finally shut down the computer, my brain doesn't stop. I'm exhausted.

And I do have to marvel at how the universe sometimes work. I have been running ragged between my freelance and real job projects. Sooner or later me or my computer was bound to break down. Luckily it was the computer and not me. On Friday morning I got to work to face the black screen of death. My laptop simply failed to start. Talk about an instant heart failure. Visions of losing data floated in my head and if that indeed happened, my life as I know it would have ended. I would have up and quit my job and ran away to be a beach bum. There would be no recovering from me losing all my data.

So I completely lost Friday as far as productivity goes. Everything that could have gone wrong did. Just a sampling includes the obvious computer melt down, dropping a half a bucket of dry oatmeal all over the hallway floor at the office, pulling out the broken vacuum cleaner to clean it, being in the bank along side some hysterical psychopath (that I was certain would take out a gun and kill us all), getting stuck in Hartford traffic and being late for my appointment at the Apple store, finding the perfect pair of shoes at the mall only to learn that the store didn't have my size, getting lost trying to get to a bar in MA. Sigh. I must say, sitting at the bar while sipping a beer and watching my cousin's band play was a much needed end to a really crappy day (and week for that matter.)

My computer has been admitted to the hospital for a week of surgery and recovery and that leaves me home with no means of accomplishing any freelance work. Thank you universe for this much needed break.

1 comment:

tina said...

yes, i had nothing going on at work and had alot of fun trying to win. i hope your laptop gets better soon.