Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hard Labor

Because our P90X workout isn’t hard enough, I decided to supplement my weekend workout with some rock moving. The guys at work still don’t believe that I can move rocks. Looks can be very deceiving sometimes. I’m not nearly as weak as I may look. So to prove what I did, I took a picture of the trailer full of rocks that I collected, all by myself. I drove the ATV and the trailer out into the woods and spent an hour all alone picking and moving my favorite rocks. Here’s the proof.



And here’s the before picture of our very ugly front side yard.


I just had to take this picture because our friends in Eastford now call Karlo the Axe Man. That’s a story that I didn’t share last week. Karlo nearly lost his finger in a terrible axe accident. I think I didn’t share because the mere thought of continues to make me sick. Some day maybe I’ll be able to relive the story via the blog. The doctor said he has two more months of healing so that gives me two more months before I have to face what’s under his bandage. Maybe by then I’ll be better able to cope.


I wish I had a time stamp on my camera because this picture was taken less than an hour after the first picture was taken. Because of my awesome job picking such nice rocks, we assembled this wall in no time. We are finally making some headway on transforming that disaster of a side yard. Now I can’t wait for planting season!

1 comment:

michelled said...

You go girl. Side yard looks amazing. I love the look of rock walls. That's hard work. You should skip a P90X workout after that! :)