Friday, March 13, 2009

What is Wrong With This Picture?

Well, not literally with the picture shown above. What is wrong with the fact that I went to the pharmacy to get my eye drop prescription filled and the pharmacist saying, “That will be $225”? Does that just sound wrong to you? I was stunned and just stood there with a blank look on my face as if to say, “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” The good news is that they tried to fill all three refills at once, instead of just giving me one bottle at a time, and therefore my insurance was refusing the charge. But even with the insurance, that little bottle of drops in my photo cost me $55. Seems to me that there is a serious flaw in our health care system that anybody would have to pay that price for a silly little bottle of doctored water. What can possibly make this liquid be so expensive and how dare they charge these prices? If I filled, and used, both of the necessary prescriptions for my very non-life threatening dry eyes, it would cost me well over $100 per month. WFT? No wonder our country is on the verge of an economic disaster. It just makes me sick. Wait, don’t get sick . . . who can afford THAT?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Need to work for the state.... That little bottle would have cost you $3 or $6 period. No matter what the cost of the actual drug that is all we ever pay.