Sunday, March 22, 2009

Test Results

I performed a couple different tests this weekend. First, I tested my ability to lure wildlife into our yard. I failed miserably. I'm still not sure why nobody was interested in the cut up apple and carrots I sprinkled around the pond, nor the pieces of bread that I sprinkled on the dock. I even filled our bird feeder and after over 24 hours, nobody took the bait.

So the shooting of animals didn't go as planned. I did spot a pair of ducks on the pond on Sunday morning and Karlo still can't believe that I went running outside (in my pajamas) in the cold to try to take pictures of them. I'm not even showing those results. They were pitiful.

When the weather warmed up a bit I ventured outside again. This time I restricted my shooting to non-moving objects. I took about 10 pictures before my wrist hurt so bad from holding up the monster lens that the novelty of the lens wore off. I found it to be a bear to work with. Very hard to focus at full zoom and way too heavy. The good news is that I don't think I would ever make the incredible investment of purchasing one. And why would I do that anyway when I have a friend willing to let me borrow it? Here are some test shots (straight out of the camera 'cause I'm too tired to bother altering them). I'm pretty sure I could achieve all the same results with my own lens. Just think of all the money I'm saving not buying a new lens. Yeah.





No comments: